Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Three things I'm at expert at...

                                                                    (personal photo from Miami) 
"The expert at anything was once a beginner." -Helen Hayes

So, its been a while...my bad. I had some serious writers block and time got the best of me. This month I'm hoping to get into the swing of blogging by participating in the NaBloPoMo! The theme for the month of August is Know and yesterday's prompt was what three things we're an expert at.
I thought about it for a little bit and came up with this:

Spaghetti!- It was the first meal I prepared for my family at the age of twelve. I remember that day very clearly because I had a mixture of emotions, nervous and excited. What if there isn't enough salt or oregano? I can't believe I'm cooking a meal for all of us! It turned out pretty good. Throughout the years I learned to make it better. I know that it is good because it's one of the meals my siblings ask for the most whenever I cook.

Pj's- I've become rather good at sewing pajama pants and shorts for my family. I try to sew some other clothes, half the time it works and the other half it turns out a little wonky.

Sister- I am the oldest kid in my family. I have two brothers and a little sister & I think I have mastered the art of being the elder sister. Annoying, caring, nerdy, encourager(is that a even a word?), defender, teammate, confidant, and sarcastic leader. I am so blessed to have three awesome, nerdy, goofy, sarcastic siblings!

(prompts from NaBloPoMo)



3 comments:

  1. Would you share your spaghetti recipe? I always end up making the same and you made me curious!

    ReplyDelete